The Honickman Center will be a tangible symbol of our commitment to the patients and communities we serve. Every design decision, whether about the physical environment or the use of technology, is filtered through the maxim, “what does the patient want and need.” Every floor will blend the creative and the clinical, featuring modern architecture, state-of-the-art technologies and an inclusive design that prioritizes the comfort of our patients and their families.
All patient needs will be met in one location, our clinical floors will support all outpatient procedures so patients will not need to travel between buildings to obtain care. The design of the exam floors was carefully considered to minimize patient travel, increase time with caregivers to fuse the building’s design and technology with the patient experience. Our clinical areas will have:
- Enhanced patient privacy though the use of single, private pre-op and recovery spaces for all procedural areas.
- Post-discharge designated waiting areas where patients can wait for transportation, valet, or family members in a quiet, private area.
- Wearable technologies that will seamlessly provide physiological data directly into the patient record, hence allowing the patient to relax and engage with the provider.
- Technology monitors on the wall to greet you, letting you know that the staff is aware of your arrival in the room.
- The elimination of cubicle curtains in favor of screens and other technologies that will create patient privacy without the negative impact of absorptive surfaces.